Thursday, November 3, 2011

Electricity

Last night, I had the bright idea that I should clean my car completely. I went and brought my dog outside so he could enjoy some fresh air and so I could have some company. When I went to get him I realized that the television and the light were on and when I went back in that I should turn them off. I tied my dog up to a tree and started heading to the door inside. Heading towards the laundry room first to go turn off the light, I noticed that the music was off. After opening the door to the the laundry room, it was dark. I was flipping the switch up and down by I thought I might have subconsciously turned it off or the light bulb went out. I went into the living room and got the same reaction. An hour has passed until I finally put it all together that the power was out. The reason it took me awhile because the neighbors had there garage lights on and the lights were working inside there home. After settling into the overwhelming darkness, it wasn't until then that I realized how important electricity it is in my daily routine. I couldn't close the garage, use the vaccum to clean the inside of my car, or basically do anything I really wanted to do. The toughest part was when it was nine at night and I really had to use the restroom. My light source was a tiny candle that barely lite the sink up. At that moment I think I finally felt what a cavemen felt like back in the day.